Job vacancies at Mud Dock
We’re always on the look-out for people who are full of the right kind of beans. People who have the mud factor. People who know that the thing that makes a working day more worthwhile is making other people happy. If you get it and if you’ve got it, stick your hand in the air and let us know that you exist…
How to apply
Simply email either the Café Manager or Cycleworks Manager and tell them a bit about yourself, what you’re good at, what you enjoy and what you’ve done in the past – oh, and please be sure to attach your CV.
Assistant Manager (Full time)
Mud Dock, recognised as one of the country’s top 20 IBDs by Bike Biz, is looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Manager for our store in Bristol. The principle focus will be on assisting the store manager with all business operations, and growth through great customer focus and shop-floor leadership.
The overall goal is to ensure Mud Dock remains at the forefront of all aspects of the cycle landscape in Bristol. In order to aspire to the role, candidates should be able to demonstrate they possess the following:
- Previous experience as an assistant manager or similar supervisory role
- In-depth product knowledge of our key brands: Trek, Cannondale and Specialized
- An expert knowledge of the Brompton bicycle
- A sound knowledge and understanding of cash handling
- The ability to motivate a team of colleagues in an affable, diligent and professional manner
- Happy to work to specific goals, and achieve realistic targets
- To lead the shop floor in line with Store Manager’s briefs
- Eager to grow the business and happy to pitch in ideas to innovate and fine tune daily tasks and procedures.
Please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.
Sales Assistant (Full time)
We are also seeking an individual who is keen to join a dedicated team on the shop floor. The role will be a balance of sales and technical duties, based on the shop floor reporting to our shop floor manager but also with opportunities to spend days in the workshop assisting with bike builds and walk in servicing work.
You will also be set sales targets and be responsible for day to day duties on the shop floor, re-profiling and merchandising, cleaning and maintaining our high standards of presentation. We have a competitive salary on offer for the right candidate. You will be expected to work 2 out of 4 weekends a month on a shift pattern.
You must be a keen cyclist and have an eye for detail. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us a bit about yourself, your cycling and why you’d like to work with us.