We’re always on the look-out for people who are full of the right kind of beans. People who have the mud factor. People who know that the thing that makes a working day more worthwhile is making other people happy. If you get it and if you’ve got it, stick your hand in the air and let us know that you exist…
Cycleworks Head Mechanic
A full-time opportunity has arisen for the right person to join our workshop team, working in the iconic Mud Dock. We are looking for somebody with a passion for cycling and the ability to present themselves in a suitable manner. The role requires somebody with a Cytec Level 2 qualification or equivalent work experience and the ability to work around complex problems on a range of both road, mountain bikes and most importantly Brompton bikes. The candidate should also be able to display in-depth product knowledge and the ability to advise customers.
Main duties to include:
- Managing the workshop team
- Completing the days scheduled work in a timely manner
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Maintaining the stores high level of customer service
- Accurate record keeping of works completed
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Liaising with sales team on preparation of display and sold bikes
- Good IT and record-keeping skills
- A self-motivated person with the ability to use initiative to complete tasks
- Flexibility to turn a hand to helping in all areas of the shop
- Ability to manage the workshop and liaise with management on required products/consumables
Salary dependant on experience.
Cycleworks Assistant Manager
Mud Dock, recognised as one of the country’s top 20 IBDs by Bike Biz, is looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Manager for our store in Bristol. The principle focus will be on assisting the store manager with all business operations, and growth through great customer focus and shop-floor leadership.
The overall goal is to ensure Mud Dock remains at the forefront of all aspects of the cycle landscape in Bristol. In order to aspire to the role, candidates should be able to demonstrate they possess the following:
- Previous experience as an assistant manager or similar supervisory role
- In-depth product knowledge of our key brands: Trek, Cannondale and Specialized
- An expert knowledge of the Brompton bicycle
- A sound knowledge and understanding of cash handling
- The ability to motivate a team of colleagues in an affable, diligent and professional manner
- Happy to work to specific goals, and achieve realistic targets
- To lead the shop floor in line with Store Manager’s briefs
- Eager to grow the business and happy to pitch in ideas to innovate and fine tune daily tasks and procedures.
Cycleworks Sales Assistant
We are also seeking an individual who is keen to join a dedicated team on the shop floor. The role will be a balance of sales and technical duties, based on the shop floor reporting to our shop floor manager but also with opportunities to spend days in the workshop assisting with bike builds and walk in servicing work.
You will also be set sales targets and be responsible for day to day duties on the shop floor, re-profiling and merchandising, cleaning and maintaining our high standards of presentation.
You must be a keen cyclist and have an eye for detail. You will be expected to work 2 out of 4 weekends a month on a shift pattern. We have a competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.