Welcome to La Grange
La Grange is a charming and traditional Savoyard farmhouse near the authentic Alpine village of La Giettaz in south-eastern France. With accommodation for 9 to 12 people, it’s an idyllic summer base. Whether you aim to kick back and relax, or roam the region on a road bike, La Grange is ideal. Surrounded by mountains and meadows, it is the very definition of tranquility. But for the active and adventurous, an array of exciting options awaits.
La Grange is in the mountain range known as the Massif des Aravis. As such, it is a superb base for a road cycling or mountain biking holiday, and is equally fantastic for climbers, hikers or lovers of breathtaking Alpine scenery.The main road through La Giettaz leads to the Col des Aravais.
While it’s a must-do climb for road cyclists, enjoying lunch and a view of Mont Blanc from the top should be on your agenda whether you get there by pedal power or not!Other local road-cycling climbs include the Col de la Colombière, Col des Saisies, Col de L’Arpettaz and the Col de Croiz Fry.
A short drive – or a longer ride – and you can reach other famed climbs including the Col du Madeleine and Col du Glandon. Annual road-cycling events include the Time Megève, La Giettoise Bike Week and, more recently, La Resistance.
In July, the Tour de France often passes through the Aravis mountain range. La Grange can be a convenient base for viewing stages or taking part in the annual Etape du Tour (when up to 15,000 amateur cyclists ride a stage of the Tour on closed roads).
Numerous mountain bike events are held around a Clusaz, which is a mecca for off-road and downhill biking. More locally, the lift at Le Plan is open most of the summer, giving access to local trails that lead over to the Megève area.
- Traditional 18th-century Savoyard farmhouse
- Accommodates up to 9 adults and children, with additional children’s beds availabile to increase this to 12
- Totally private setting with stunning mountain views
- Short transfer (just 1.5 hours from Geneva airport)
- Summer activities ranging from road cycling and mountain biking, to hiking and sightseeing
- Winter sports such as skiing and snowboarding available locally, and in Megève, La Clusaz and the Chamonix Valley
- Numerous local restaurants serving authentic and Michelin-starred cuisine
Find out more – including current availability – at our dedicated La Grange website…